Thursday 20 June 2013

Denver pissed him off





There's almost certainly a post to be done on the influence of Joe Haldeman's work on my writing (I've been a huge admirer of Haldeman's work since I finally scored a paperback copy of The Forever War, years after reading about it, in those valve-driven days of the early 80s) but for now I was happy to be given the chance to review The Best of Joe Haldeman over at the Los Angeles Review of Books. Some quibbles aside (I'd have liked the book to feel more like an "event") this is a fine way to sample more than forty years of short fiction output by one of the most significant voices to enter the field in the last half century.

You can read the full review here.


1 comment:

  1. I've always enjoyed a Haldeman story, long or short. Just knocked over his "Bound" trilogy, and, though light, was satisfied.
    He's one of the few authors whose work I haven't not enjoyed.
    I'll get this one day.

    ReplyDelete